Sunday, 1 April 2012

Probability really is your friend!

I wrote before about how probability is your friend and am going to have to again.

Why?

Because it worked again!

A couple of Saturdays ago, I was kind of tired and having a quiet afternoon in bed.  I started off doing something else on my to-do list and ended up cold-emailing a mass of people. I didn't even get as far as asking if they wanted freelance work; I just asked the main administrative email addresses who I should email to ask about freelance work.

To make a long story short, I now have a new, fairly lucrative, monthly contract to write articles!


Probability is your friend, especially in this line of work. Let it do the work for you...   I'm not saying fate will drop things in your lap. 

But, if you do your homework and find out what you need to do, then try it often enough, then statistically you will have to get the result you want eventually. 

I am being convinced that half of failure is a lack of tenacity.  Get to!


No comments:

Post a Comment